Spotted Owls

Spotted Owls
adapted from my photo of 2008

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Coastal Birding

Well, I did get to bird along the TX coastal bend in Port Aransas on Friday (Mar. 19) at the Birding Center and Paradise Pond (after talking about my Big Year in Rockport the night before). There were eight species of warblers, including N. Parula, Yellow-throated, Black-throated Green, Prothonotary - spring is beginning. Then last night I was back at the coast, but this time the upper coast in Lake Jackson/Clute talking to the bird club there, and today I birded at Sabine Woods (owned by Texas Ornithological Society). Highlights today were Hooded Warbler, as well as most of the warblers of last week. It's wonderful to go birding and see flashes of yellow and flitting birds starting to fill the treetops and brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment

gold parties