Monday, June 21, 2010
I'm at the stage of reviewing the copy-edited form of my manuscript. I've had to do a bit of revision because it's been decided to delete the times of day (when I wrote my journal entries) from the text. In some cases that means a paragraph or two needs to be rewritten to make it make sense chronologically. It gets complicated sometimes, primarily because when I wrote it I was sometimes looking backward in time and sometimes thinking of what I was going to do next. I'll need to review the whole thing one more time to be sure I've done it all correctly, and then off it goes back to the publisher. I think my next step after that will be to do an index for the final version of the book (so each bird species and each site will be indexed so someone can find them in the text). Should be fun.
Posted by Lynn at 6:45 AM