Spotted Owls

Spotted Owls
adapted from my photo of 2008

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Finally back writing on my blog

Somehow during the summer doldrums, I haven't been able to write for awhile, but here I am, back again. My birding life has gotten a little more interesting lately. Last weekend I was in Rockport (TX) at the Hummer/Bird Festival that features zillions of Ruby-throated Hummingbirds. I got to bird in Port Aransas one morning, but birding was called on account of rain the second morning. There were enough warblers, including the pictured noisy Northern Waterthrush, at Paradise Pond to make me happy, even though the place was pretty quiet. I was delighted to find two Red Knots along the Port A. beach too. Tuesday this week I drove down to San Saba (TX) to give the first program at a new bird club - the San Saba Bird & Nature Club. They organized this summer and have a bright future, with energetic leaders and over 20 participants already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

gold parties