Spotted Owls

Spotted Owls
adapted from my photo of 2008

Friday, October 22, 2010

Unexpected prospect of South Dakota birding

Just a few short weeks ago, birding in South Dakota did not seem to be on the horizon. But now, after applying all over the country, my husband has taken a job in Rapid City, SD, to begin in less than 2 weeks! I'm over the shock. But figuring out how to be a 2-state commuter marriage will take more time. I'll be staying here in Fort Worth, but visiting up there as often as I can manage between client and volunteer projects/meetings. I've been following the South Dakota listserv, and note that Gray Partridges (which I almost missed in my ABA big year), and a Gyrfalcon (only rarely seen by me), and wintering ducks have all been seen recently near Rapid City. I am looking forward to seeing northern birds up there when I visit this winter.

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes! The Black Hills are so beautiful and lots of opportunities to see other areas. My "life" Western Tanager was seen at Devil's Tower, not too far away.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete

gold parties