Spotted Owls

Spotted Owls
adapted from my photo of 2008

Friday, November 5, 2010

South Dakota birding

Finally I have Internet access here in Dave's new apartment in Rapid City. We've been buying stuff to get his apartment to feel a bit more like home, and we've been out birding to Canyon Lake Park here in the city, which now has many many Canada Geese, about 7 species of ducks, nuthatches, and chickadees. The birding highlight of this trip, however, is, hands-down, the Sharp-tailed Grouse that feed both morning and night on the football field about 1/2 a block from his apartment. I only found out about it after I followed a big fat grouse-shaped bird that I could see (from his living room windos) flying over a field down the hill from his apartment. Wonderful and unexpected in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment

gold parties