Spotted Owls

Spotted Owls
adapted from my photo of 2008

Friday, April 23, 2010

Scattered

I'm a bit scattered lately - much on my mind. We had a wonderful TOS meeting in Rockport last weekend, and here we are already at another weekend. A male Common Yellowthroat and a male Painted Bunting visited our yard briefly this morning - not a regular habitat that either likes, but just a place for them to rest briefly I guess. Next week I'm off to Oklahoma to the OOS spring meeting, to meet more people there and to see some OK birds. And I just received the agenda for the ABA board meeting, the first I'll go to, in Ohio on May 4 in conjunction with the "Biggest Week in American Birding" event in northwest Ohio. I'll stay there a few more days to bird. And then the last big news-I've signed the contract with Texas A&M University Press for my book on my big year (running title: Passionate Birder: One Woman's Big Year). And one more thing - I started two small bird paintings yesterday, doing a colored background wash for each. So much stuff I want to do; and just not enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

gold parties