Spotted Owls

Spotted Owls
adapted from my photo of 2008

Friday, January 29, 2010

NC Birding

It looks like we're in for a nasty rainy, super-windy day tomorrow, so I may be holed up with the rest of the CBC group in the Atlantic Beach hotel, trying to entertain ourselves. Today was cold and windy, but we did get some great birds on the CBC field trip to the Croatan NF area, including Bachman's Sparrow, Red-cockaded Woodpecker, Brown-headed and White-breasted Nuthatches. In the New Bern area we found a Eurasian Wigeon among zillions of other ducks, and at Fort Macon State Park we found a very wind-blown Purple Sandpiper. Tonight we have a program on NC folk stories, and tomorrow night is my talk on my ABA big year. We head back to Raleigh on Sunday, where hopefully all the forecast ice pellets/snow/freezing rain or whatever will have been cleared so we can drive and I can catch my plane on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

gold parties