Spotted Owls

Spotted Owls
adapted from my photo of 2008

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Today my yard; tomorrow the Texas "Valley"

Today I was rewarded for sitting at my computer and working (and occasionally looking out the window) by the cheery sight of a male Spotted Towhee scratching around in the center of the backyard. It's only the second time in 10 years that I've seen one in the yard! The Rufous Hummingbird made a half-hearted attempt to shoo him away by diving to within one foot of his back.

Very early tomorrow I'll be on my way to the TOS (Texas Ornithological Society) meeting in Weslaco. Although there's rain forecast for part of it, at least it won't be as cold as it's been, and the birds will probably still be findable. I'm looking forward to birding down there, and of course hoping for rarities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

gold parties