Spotted Owls

Spotted Owls
adapted from my photo of 2008

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Observation of British Blackcap

My sister (Ann), while not a fanatic birder like me has been enjoying the birds where she lives near London, England. She told me that if I had a slow day I could post her recent observations of a Blackcap. She says: the female blackcap went many times to the apple which I had stuck on the end of a large s-hook in our cherry tree, and seemed to be enjoying eating the apple pulp (I had cut off the peel in a couple of places to expose the white apple flesh). She also ate from a couple of our fat feeders. But the best bit was watching her on the covered tray which holds mostly shelled sunflower seeds, with a sprinkling of dried meal worms on top. She had some sunflower seeds, but I really laughed when I caught her "killing" a dried meal worm by bashing it vigorously several times against the pile of sunflower seeds before swallowing it! Awwwh--so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

gold parties