Spotted Owls

Spotted Owls
adapted from my photo of 2008

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pine Siskin, Extreme Birder update, and vow to post

A wintery day, about to get moreso. About 50 American Goldfinches at my 4 feeders and in the trees, among which was 1 feisty Pine Siskin for awhile.

Now that the wonderful (in spite of rain) TOS meeting is over, I can think more about how I'm going to try to promote (and hopefully sell) my upcoming book (Extreme Birder). I've begun to contact people who've expressed interest in either having me come to sign the book (beginning in April)and/or give a talk about my ABA big year, or about what Extreme Birding is, or any number of other possible bird-talks I would live to give. What's hardest to do is try to sell me and my book to strangers or others who may not be so interested in having me come. I've never been comfortable with selling stuff, but I'm hoping my enthusiasm for the subject will keep me going. So far, I've lined up two book signings (Fort Worth Audubon and our church) and 2 talks (Oklahoma City Audubon and San Saba (TX) bird and nature club), and at least 3-4 others are in the process of figuring out a date. I'll put schedule details on my web site (lynnbarber.com) as I know them. It doesn't help that I don't know if I'll be in Texas or South Dakota or somewhere else in the months to come!!

I'm vowing to try to post on this blog at least once a week, not only to tell about bird sightings, but to post schedule updates for my book. I'll try to post each weekend for starters and see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

gold parties