Spotted Owls

Spotted Owls
adapted from my photo of 2008

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Update on Extreme Birder

About 2 months left until it's in print! I've begun working on trying to schedule talks on my big year (or talks on the more general topic of "extreme birding" for those who have already heard the big year talk). Also I'm going to try to schedule book signings (and hopefully can get some help in all this from the press). So far, I've got 2 signings, at Fort Worth Audubon and our Fort Worth church, respectively on April 14 and 28 (evenings). In May, I've got a brief marathon of talks scheduled for the 14th (Black Mesa State Park, way out in the Oklahoma panhandle at the OOS meeting), the 16th in Oklahoma City, and the 17th (my birthday) in San Saba in central Texas. I'm really looking forward to seeing what it's like to try to sell my book. I know there won't be any huge rush to buy the book, but for the nutty birders, and the people who have nutty birders for friends, there might be some demand. Always the optimist! And in any case, it all will give me an excuse to go birding in different places. Now if all those potential places for me to talk and/or sign my book would just come out of the woodwork and contact me (or let me find them)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

gold parties